In addition to supporting organizations and contributions, the Kansas Troopers Foundation gives out annual scholarships to qualified candidates. The Kansas Troopers Foundation will award up to 15 scholarships each year. Each selected recipient will receive a $500 check from the Kansas Troopers Foundation.
The 2017 Scholarship Application process is currently OPEN. Download the scholarship application here. To be considered, you must send the application form with all required materials (essay, proof of enrollment, biography and photo) to be received in the office by June 15, 2017 at 5 pm to:
Kansas Troopers Foundation
1200 SW 10th Ave.
Topeka, KS 66604
- a Kansas resident;
- enrolled in a post-secondary education institution;
- have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- demonstrate financial need;
- exhibit previous or ongoing activities of public service;
- either be pursuing a career in public safety or the administration of justice; and
- may not be a member within the first degree of relationship to either a member of the scholarship committee or the KTF board.
Scholarship applications are due on June 15 each year, and will be reviewed between June 15th and the July KTF Board Meeting. All applicants will receive decision notification, in writing, within thirty (30) business days of review. Scholarships shall be distributed to selected recipients by September 1.